• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Auto Immune Summit

FYI, I just registered for the Auto Immune Summit to learn more about auto immune disease online a few minutes ago and I wanted to share.

I don't know what sort of information will be available but I found it online after a friend with some gut issues recommended it and found it begins today through the 20th and I'm going to give it a try. I found it at www.autoimmunesummit.com if anyone is interested.

My son, 13, was diagnosed with Crohn's in July and we have been having some success with Remicade/Metho so far. Bloodwork trending in the right direction, but no remission yet after 4 doses. I guess I keep trying to learn more in case the other shoe should drop and this treatment is discontinued.

Update so far...
The first session is mostly the Dr. trying to presell copies of her book.
Second session, seems to focus more on Celiac's, leaky gut, etc...
Not sure if I will stick with the rest of the summit...No mention of Crohn's yet, at all.

I signed up for that too but haven't checked it out yet. Sounds interesting though so will do. Hopefully some useful information and not just them trying to sell stuff. Hope your soon is doing better