• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stem Cell Treatment & Ulcerative Colitis

Are there any stem cell treatments being carried out for Ulcerative Colitis patients? From what I've seen, heard, and read on the internet the main focus is on the Crohn's disease in regards to this kind of treatment. We've all read the accounts of a few Crohnies that have gone this route but I am yet to come across a UC patient. Any additional links and/or literature would also be appreciated!

I've been in touch with a few clinics in the country that do stem cell treatments, and I've learned that none of them treat UC patients. None of the insurance companies are willing to pay for SCT because they know that once a colon is taken out UC goes away; CD patients do not have that choice.