• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira and c-diff

Hi - I was just diagnosed with c-diff. I started humira 2 weeks ago (the starter kit), for Crohn's. I should be taking my next dose of humira tomorrow.

I asked my doctor if it was ok to take the humira now that i have c-diff, and he said it would not cause a problem and i should keep taking it (he also prescribed Flagyl for the c-diff). However, I have read a couple of times about people who think the humira actually caused their c-diff. So I'm a little worried.

If anybody has any information about humira and c-diff, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Mick

Hi, I recently was hospitalized 2x in one month with C-Diff and I have been on Humira since the end of June. I also had recently begun Imuran. The Humira did not cause/effect the C-Diff; the Imuran was the problem as well as multiple antibiotics within a few weeks. Since I was discharged this last time, I have continued the Humira.

I would help if I had any info. I've been fortunate not to have C-diff, so I really don't have any experience to share. My best suggestion - if you are trusting this doctor with your care, do what he says unless it's really obvious he isn't listening or doesn't care - If you think that's the case, then change doctors.