• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Worried about adult son

Hi all
My son has had Crohns for about 8 years. He has never really achieved remission and is on double dose Remicade every 7 weeks. It has enabled him to at least live a better quality of life i.e. work, play. He is 31 years old. He has had a fever on and off for six days now. I have been way concerned and call him every few hours to check in. He kept going to work and it would spike again at night. No other stomach issues to assume a GI bug. No cough or cold to assume the flu. He left work yesterday after me begging him to call his GI doctor. They did blood work which came back today showing inflammation is picked up. But is that new or what he had already. He has narrowed badly over the years and we already met last year with the surgeon at UOC hospital because that is who is doctor wants to do it should he seal off. Anyway I am worried now. They did do a influenza test also which isn't back yet. They were waiting for it to see if that is causing his fever. He called an hour ago that he is having pressure and can't poop. Little bit earlier but he knows the pain is growing and he headed right to the ER. Now I am waiting to hear what they will do to see if he is obstructed. Just wondered if the fever sounds like he has a bowel infection? What tests will show if he is blocked? Will head over to the hospital once I hear what is going on and if he will be transferred or need us to get him to the other hospital. He isn't at the ER at UOC. He is at his local GI doctors hospital. Worried mom panic time.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi.
Sorry you some isn't doing well. A simple xray will let the doctor know if there is an obstruction. Other tests will likely follow (CT Scan, etc.).

Thee other questions are best left to the doctor to answer. I hope he starts feeling better soon.
Sending you both my support.

So far they think it's just a partial and are about to start finding out. Pain meds have him nice and cozy. Fingers crossed!