• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can you build resistance to Entocort?

Let's say you take 6mg for about 4-5 months. You're off it for a month, only to need it again and re-start 9mg. Say it removes the pain for 1 week but then you start getting RLQ soreness again...is that because you've lost response to Entocort?

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Probably not. If you stop taking a steroid without tapering off of it then you could have a bit of steroid withdrawal symptoms. The other likely possibility is, you just weren't healed enough at 4ish months of 6 mg so you flared up again when you stopped taking the Entocort. It can take a lot of time to heal inflammation. Personally I was on Entocort for 7 months the first time I was on it a few years ago, and I was on it for 8 months this year. It took that long for my body to fully heal each time from the inflammation. So my advice is to be patient, give it more time.