• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

remission after 17 years of severe colitis

I have chronic colitis that would only stop bleeding with prednisone and would only last about month after cycle finally got fed up stopped taking ascol and imurine symtoms did not change for year still bleeding then in august everything changed 2 bowel movements a day no blood no rush to bathroom 4 months no symtoms anybody had happen how long did it last

The only times I wasn't flaring was when I was a cigarette smoker. It is beneficial in UC, but not with Crohn's.

no smoking n started getting better took about a month and back to normal something thought id never get to say:) I have been drinking tim horton's ice caps in morning started in june having one every couple days by end of august having one every day still having one every day