• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weight loss

I lost about 50lbs over two years and then put most of it back on in two months following surgery.

They had me taking Ensure shakes and Complan in the month before surgery and I did gain a bit back as well as feeling a bit less feeble so if you can stomach those it could be worth a try. I wish they'd told me that six months earlier.

I am sure I do. Before my diagnosis I lost more than 13 kg over 3 years then another 6 over 5 years.after diagnosis, I gained only 8 kg of these lost. during flare, I can lose 2_4 kg .

This has been my battle. We are still trying to find the right meds and just when I think I'm able to start gaining some weight a flare comes on and takes away what little I've gained.

I lost 35lbs in the last year
45 if you calculate that I gained 10lbs during the spring before to lose everything in the following months ;)

Now that I had surgery, I'm working hard to get some lbs back ;)