• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Imuran Photosensitivity

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Did you guys know that Imuran (azathioprine) makes your skin photosensitive? I found out the hard way. I have sunburn straight from hell, and don't remember reading that in the pharmacy paperwork obviously.

Not sure what other typical Crohn's meds do the same thing, but damn - read your handouts with your meds!
(Thanks you Kimmie for alerting me to this little item that I should have already known. Ugh... my frikin eyelids itch...)

Hm, maybe that's why I get tons (and I mean TONS) of little itty-bitty blisters when I'm out in the sun? They don't hurt, though. They itch a little, but they're usually always gone by the next day. I went to see a doc about it, and they couldn't figure it out. o_O

Hey MBH, I'm glad you mentioned that. I didn't know it either. I've noticed that since my Imuran was increased to 150 about 10 days ago, my sun-exposed skin areas seem to be really itchy and sometimes getting itty bitty bumps on them. I bet that is from the sun! Hope your sunburn feels better soon!