• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Medical marijuana remission

Have been doing research for MMj to help a close relative with crohns. It is now legal in California, but can't seem to get enough info on dose and varieties. Has been taking 4 to 1 ratio and has worked better than anything else tried but some days doesn't seem to help

afidz

Super Moderator
Welcome!
I made a copy of your post and put it in the medical marijuana secion, hopefully you will get the responses you are looking for. Here is the link:
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68956
It is great of you to do research on the behalf of a family member. I know anyone of us would appreciate that kind of help from our families.
If you wouldn't mind, can you tell us more about your family member, I know you might not know a lot about what is going on with them. But we might have other suggestions as well as suggestions about MM.

Hello Cagirl!
I am the grandpa of a 15 yr old UC patient. He is in his second flare and this time we tried MM with a good results. He had been in a remissive state for a year then his mother found his stash. They got rid of the stuff. We had no knowledge of the effectiveness of MM with UC. In the beginning of this flare I started researching and found it could be effective. Thanksgiving Day my daughter-in-law was about to lose her mind with worry as my Buddy was getting worse and didn't want to go back to the hospital. He had been out just a week and a half after a two week stay. Being in a MM state I had been a patient for an industrial accident which left me with nerve pain in my neck. I laid my cards on the table with her, as no one knew, and told her I had some smoke and we should give it a try. It quieted his belly, took away the pain, and he rested pretty well that nite. We got him his MM card and he's been having some every day. Tahoe OG is a very strong strain and will help. A thimble full will do the trick in a small pipe. I got him a vaporizer and he uses it twice a day. I hope this works for you. He is taking LIALDA too. I believe the MM has kept him home. Stress is a big trigger for him and the hospital is the pits for that!