• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Colonoscopy with active fissure

Hello everyone, time again for my colonoscopy on wed. Last time I felt my fissure was active but it wasn't,the, but this time I really feel it as I feel burning pain that goes down leg. Can u still do test if fissure painful

nogutsnoglory

They are going to pump you full of air and lubricate you so as long as they are aware of the fissure they shouldn't even scrape it going in. I'd tell them when you consent and again before they put you to sleep just to be certain.

Just check rectum and there is a red line where fissure was, it is for sure action and burns. What I so afraid of is that so far this fissure has not caused me alot of pain but kinda burning bad right now. I scared the cleansing laxative will burn the he'll out of me and the scope to make cut bigger and thus making me have severe pain after regarding the fissure cause right it is tolerable, don't have pain with bm,s. Had it for 2 yrs

You can use a barrier cream to protect it from the output. I have multiple active fistulas and the scope has never hurt them