• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feeling Lost

Hi, my husband was diagnosed with crohns 6 weeks ago. He has changed his diet, is trying to quit smoking and is taking meds. I am just at my wits end myself. I am not coping with his diagnosis- it's been the worst 6 weeks of my life. I am very anxious and sad all the time and its affecting my health too. I can't seem to be okay with all of this or make peace with it as it feels like an impending doom besides all the changes. I was so very happily married and this diagnosis has turned my world upside down...:frown:

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
It's understandable that the diagnosis is effecting you too. It's never easy to see a spouse or any loved one not feel good. It'll take time to get used to all the adjustments not only for your husband, but for you. In the meantime, we're all here for you and your husband not only for support but also to share information and experiences.

Hang in there. I'm just a message away. :hug:

No it's not wrong to be hopeful there's lots of money being flung at crohns some will stick.crohns is a dumb disease like any other totally random,annoying and a lot of people know very little about it including me until I got landed with it.i know it's early days for you both but just remember the vast majority get along fine with crohns as most people don,t go on forums.
Smoking is bad for crohns so it's game over for that one if your a smoker you could stop as well for moral support,treatment and diet options are so varied it can be very confusing so listen to your doctors ask questions be educated but be wary of dr google he,s a manic depressive.
There are a few things we crohnies have in common,diet wise greasy oily food is bad,fruit and raw veggies be cautious but as varied a diet as your husband can manage fish,chicken,white rice,soup with veggies well cooked or blended some spices are useful turmeric springs to mind its a natural anti-inflammatory.exercise ie a common theme on here it seems to help is when he,s well enough,doesn't,t need to be a pumping iron session.
Stress is a big factor in stirring crohns up so try not to and if you,ve managed to wade your way through this good luck and all the best.

Yes but I'm not getting any better- such hectic anxiety and it is now seriously affecting my health........I don't even know what's going on with me-I smoke way too much and don't sleep well at night and am all shakey and anxious 24/7. I don't think this is normal!!!

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Have you talked to your doctors about all this? Might be a good time for you to seek for some help too. Sometimes your regular doctor will have some ideas for you to destress or maybe even a support group you might be able to join on a regular basis.