• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cost of the Anal abscess treatment

Hey guys. I have an anal abscess for almost two days. After i research everywhere i find out that i need a surgeon to drain my abscess. Here is my problem. I dont have an health insurance at the moment and due to my income i am not eligible for medicaid either. I want to go to the ER or urgent center but do you guys have any idea how much all this treatment would cost approximately for someone is uninsured. Do i need to go to Urgent care or ER ? I dont have a lot of pain. But its swelling. What would you guys sugest me about this situation ? Thanks for your helps.

nogutsnoglory

I don't know where you live but goto the ER so they can perform the surgery as part of your emergency care. Once you receive a bill, contact the philanthropic arm of the hospital to see if they can nullify the bill or greatly reduce it due to your situation.