• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story:21-college senior-flaring-studying abroad in Mexico

Hi,
I've been lurking for years but decided to join because I'm about to embark on a semester long program in Mexico City and I am finally admitting I need support from others with crohns. Although my parents and boyfriend are great they have no idea what it's like and they're just outsiders to the disease, I feel.

I was diagnosed at age 3. I went into remission until I was 17. It seems to have been getting progressively worse since then.

I've tried asacol, 6mp, humira, and remicade. All but humira failed from the start humira failed after I built up antibodies. I have just started on entyvio and we'll see how it works out. Hoping for success. I'm also on prednisone down from 30 to 20 mg, not a ton but I still have a glamorous case of moon face and I'm about as volatile emotionally as mount Vesuvius with PMS.

Just a college girl trying to make it through her last semester while flaring. Hey.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I'm glad to hear you've had a long remission. I hope entyvio does the trick. Sending you my support.

David

Co-Founder
Thanks for finally joining and sharing your story :)

I'm so sorry to hear things have been getting progressively worse :(

In addition to the prednisone, are you on any sort of treatment right now?

I hope Mexico treats you well!