• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need help urgently

Hi I am currently taking 25mg of pred...I have a pretty bad stomach today not sure what is wrong but lots of pains and going toilet a few times. ..I'm meant to be going out for a meal tonight that I really don't want to miss. ..does anyone know if I can take an imodium while on steriods?? Or is it advised not to?

Trysha

Staff member
If in doubt leave it out.......better to call your doctor when symptoms are getting worse or out of control
Sorry that you are having such problems and hope for an early resolution for you.
Your doctor may want to review the ptednisone dose or maybe add another medication.
Don't continue to suffer in silence.......get some medical help.
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Imodium with steroids should be fine - however, in some circumstances it can be dangerous to take Imodium with Crohn's (not often, but if you have a blockage - and diarrhoea doesn't necessarily mean there's no blockage). If your current symptoms are different from your usual Crohn's symptoms it might not be a good idea to take it until you know what's going on.