• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New and need help understanding tests

I am in the middle of a possible Crohn's diagnosis. My GI sent me these results and said the IgA was positive for Crohn's. Can anyone else explain what the rest mean?

Name Value Reference Range
ANCA Screen NEGATIVE NEGATIVE
Myeloperoxidase Ab (MPO) <1.0 <1.0 AI
Proteinase-3 Antibody <1.0 <1.0 AI
S Cerevisiae Ab IgG 16.7 U
S Cerevisiae Ab IgA 26.5 U

DustyKat

Super Moderator
sfoss;838610 Name Value Reference Range ANCA Screen NEGATIVE NEGATIVE Myeloperoxidase Ab (MPO) <1.0 <1.0 AI Proteinase-3 [wiki2="Antibody" said:
Antibody[/wiki2] <1.0 <1.0 AI
S Cerevisiae Ab IgG 16.7 U
S Cerevisiae Ab IgA 26.5 U
I am not familiar with all you have listed above. Myeloperoxidase Ab and
Proteinase-3 Antibody aren’t listed on the tests we have received. However…

ANCA and ASCA are used to differentiate the two main types of IBD: Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis.

A positive ANCA favours a diagnosis of Ulcerative Colitis.

A positive reading in either S Cerevisiae Ab IgG or S Cerevisiae Ab IgA (ASCA) favours a diagnosis of Crohn’s. Values equal to and greater than 25 U/ml are considered positive.

There is always room for error in any test so if your results are matching your clinical profile then it is very likely an accurate result.

Dusty. xxx