• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease Yesterday

Hello everyone. So my story isn't all that thrilling but I am going to share it anyway. I started having excess bathroom trips in 2003 but I thought for years that I had a weak or just bad stomach. But in April of 2014 things for me for much worse very fast. I am already a diabetic so when my feet started breaking out in sores the wound care doctors thought I had ulcerative diabetic foot sores and the lancing and draining began. They cut on me for three months before I said enough. At this time I had 3 open wounds on my right foot and I was having to use a walker. So I went to a new doctor a podiatrist. She biopsied one of the sores and I was diagnosed with Erythema Nodosum. The sores should never of been cut open. Now 8 months later they are finally closed and mending. I also found out yesterday after all having various testing. Now the road to recovery begins. My doctor wants me to have injections of Remicade every 8 weeks until my inflammation gets better. I am new to this disease and would gladly accept any advice or helpful tips. I am just so sick and tired of being sick and tired. Take care. Shanna

nogutsnoglory

Welcome Shanna, I am with you on being tired being sick and tired. This is a great community of support and knowledge.

Ccfa.org also has great info and possibly a support group in your area to meet others.