• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

Hey guys and gals, I've been lurking this forum for quite some time now and I figured it was time for me to post a little about myself as I've been doing some soul searching lately. So without further ado, let's get to it.

I guess this all started when I was a little kid playing little league baseball.I was the best on my team, one of the strongest and powerful hitters.everyone thought I was destined for great things.then once I hit my teenage years, puberty never hit.I stayed about 4'11" and I weighed about ninety pounds.now this never raised any flags because my dad is only 5'6", so like any normal person, we just chalked it up to bad genes.at about fifteen my doctor started noticing I wasn't growing at all.No hair, muscles, height, weight, nothing.so she recommended me to an endocrinologist.after some bone scans, everything came back negative.

Fast forwarding to next year I finally got diagnosed with crohns. I couldn't eat anything, stomach aches, you guys all know the symptoms.I would wake up to go to school and be sleeping on my desk by the last period.literally sleeping 15 hours a day. Eventually I got into a remission of some sorts and managed to get to 140 pounds and I'm now 5'11". I finally started to gain weight when I turned twenty one and got to 150 pounds.then a flair struck and i dropped to 135. I work swing shift 12 hour schedules, every couple of days I go from nights to days to nights to days.now I'm beginning to think alot of my problems is my circadian rhythm. I virtually have no sleep schedule.It's beginning to depress me and I really think that getting myself a straight day job (with less pay) will be much better for my health then killing myself making a bit of extra money.I'm also going to go to college part time as a computer aided drafter.

Well that's all I can think of so if you guys have any questions or opinions, feel free to shoot.That's why I joined, just for a little support.thanks!

dave13

Forum Monitor
Welcome

Glad you joined after hanging out in the weeds for a spell. Many of us did that,kinda like taking a test spin to see if it's for you.:) In my opinion,you came to the right place to get a little support.So many different stories.

I have never been a fan of the swing shift schedule.You just don't have the chance to adapt.I know we are all different but I find my body responds well to a routine.

Good luck with your college courses.It's great you are pursuing a discipline you have interest in.

Look forward to reading more of your posts

Thanks man.I'll be around.I've felt good the past five days so I'm hoping for another remission.I was starting to hate food.now I've been eating everything.