• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the forum; awaiting biopsy results

Hello all,

Was hoping I could learn more about Crohn's Disease here as it is so widely generalized throughout the internet. I figured I'd give this a shot since it would inevitably lead to more information and personal stories.

My symptoms have been on and off for years now. I have run the gamut of testing with my PCP and finally got a referral to the G.I. (I'm sure many of you are all too familiar with that story). What a mess.

I'm currently awaiting my biopsy results from my EGD and Colonoscopy. Apthous ulcers found in the Terminal Ileum were the only visible indications of a possibility of "mild" Crohn's. The wait for information seems nearly unbearable after so many months of waiting.

Just a question; do many of you suffer from intense bouts of gas? Seems I have it all the time anymore and it is quite painful. I'm not sure that it really is gas and not just abdominal cramping anymore, but that is what I have always attributed it to in the past.

Thanks for the read,
Jen