• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Barium Enema

I am going for a barium enema to see how much large bowel I have left at my rectum as the doc wants to reverse my colostomy., he says I will have frequency which is okay but I am worried that I will not have much 'time' before I have to go. I am not keen as I don't want to less quality of life as I do now. I have no problems at the moment. Has anyone else had to have this?

Hi DJW, it was a bit unpleasant however they said that there was a bit left, waiting for appointment with the consultant. I don,t think I will go for the reversal as I would have to put my life on hold for a year I think and still not sure if my quality of life would be better or worse. Thank you for your reply.x