• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Happy to Be Here! Thank you for this forum!!!!!

Good day! And thank you for being here!
My story is a lot like many on here. Diagnosed in 2001; one major surgery, two minors, one active fistula. Vomiting every day, and keeping my absurd sense of humor. I pray for everyone with this funky life event...and remember, if you're reading this, you're here! This side of the dirt, and still kicking. Seize every moment, and love as hard as you can!

...your sense of will can defeat the fatigue (or at least I try to convince myself of that...sometimes it works). First infusion of Entyvio today...and feeling oogy...like nothing I've ever felt before. But not bad...Remicade, Humira, Cimzia...all zip impact. Aziothioprine kinda took the edge off (but so does a good Sam Adams...).

Again, thanks for being here, and for not letting the despair dominate. My mood brightened during this (my first!) visit to the site. I wish you well, and may karma send good things in your direction. Peace!!!!!!!

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community! Your positive attitude is most welcome :) Hopefully some of it will rub off on me as I've been a bit of a downer lately :(

I hope the Entyvio works wonders for you.

We're here for you.

Hi David! I'm happy to meet you. I'm sorry you've on the downs. Not looking to pry, but if you'd care to share, I'd be interested in hearing why...?

Hi David!

Great to meet you! I'm sorry you're living without drug benefits...please help me understand...thought that Canada covers all medical?

I give you very strong credit for being here after 37 years and no drug benefits. I hope that your symptoms are behaving, your future is bright and your sense of humor is still intact.

Best karma, and best regards,

DJW

Forum Monitor
I've got medical. Trillium is for drug coverage. Anyone in Ontario who needs it can apply.
Yes...very thankful to be in Canada with my medical issues.