• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Goji berries and a request!

I've been paying attention to my diet over the last couple of years, trying a variety of things and 9 or so months ago I tried a goji berry fruit juice drink and it seemed to settle the soreness down fairly quickly.

Started getting a bit of soreness again in my right abdomen and thought I'd give the goji juice another go, and it SEEMS to have settled down over a week or so.

What I was hoping was someone giving the juice a go aswell to see if what i've experienced isn't just coincidence or a placebo

This is what I bought (£17ish from Nutrition Centre in the UK):
http://www.advancedlifestyledirect.com/modules/shop/view.asp?Prodcode=h060
Its quite a big bottle and I've been having a little bit before breakfast each morning

Hopefully someone will give it a go and feedback :)

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I tried mangosteen juice, and it gave me a horrible bellyache the first day - I never tried it again. $24 waste on juice. However another member on here has claimed that it works wonders for her. Everyone is different and responds differently to different products and different medications. (I know it's not the same product - just my 2 cents.)

What have you been diagnosed with? Have you been on medications?
Welcome.

I am trying to drink freshly squeezed Pomegranate juice everyday. I know it's not the same and don't know if it helps, but I seem to tolerate it and it's supposed to have lots fo antioxidants and anti-inflammatory....

http://autoimmunedisease.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_pomegranate

"The fruit of the pomegranate (Punica granatum), which is also known as the Chinese apple, the grenade, and the grenada, has powerful antioxidant properties that make it particularly valuable for patients with autoimmune diseases. The benefits of pomegranate include reversing atherosclerosis, a disorder that often occurs in hypothyroidism, reducing joint degeneration and inflammation in osteoarthritis, promoting liver health, and protecting the cardiovascular system from diabetes-induced damage. In addition, pomegranate is currently being studied for its ability to alleviate the pain and discomfort of arthritis and support optimal brain, dental, skin, and liver health
"

Last edited:
Everyone is different and responds differently to different products and different medications. (I know it's not the same product - just my 2 cents.)
Absolutely, but i also have no doubt that certain things, if you can stomach them, will have a positive effect for the vast majority of crohn's sufferers at some point (my 2 pence ;) )

I've got crohn's, small bowel and whatevers on the left ;) 'classic crohn's' is what the doctor referred to it as. i've been on steroids, pentasa, azathioprine in the past, but not on anything at the moment. my CRP value has been the best over the last 6+ months than since i've been diagnosed 5+ years ago - which i attribute to a better suited diet, which is more of an individual thing like you say.

Interesting read about the pomegranate, there is pomegranate juice in the drink i mentioned (don't know the % though) i've tried the cartoned pomegranate juice, but drink cranberry juice most mornings as prefer the taste.

Have you had any positive (or negative) results from drinking it so far? as i say i've tried cartoned but wouldn't have the time/patience to be squeezing juice before i go to work!

I'd still say i'm a way away from being 'healthy' but its seemed to have dulled the soreness significantly enough to get me to register on here and see if i could get someone else to give it a go before i put 100% faith in to it and preach from the roof tops :D