• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doing great on AZA and update.

Well it has been a while since I was on the forum, so Happy New Year. Nick is doing very well on AZA and his bloods look good. He has been off all steroids for months and seems to be growing in height (slowly) and is thriving. He still gets stiffness and can become fatigued but on the whole he is doing very well.

We have had a very anxious time as my husbands lung cancer became active again and he had his whole left lung removed on the 2nd of December along with a lymph node. We were incredibly fortunate that the surgeon considered him as a candidate for surgery due to the staging of his disease being a 4. His lymph node came back clear and his brain mets are still gone, he doesn't need residual chemo or radiation and we are all getting used to a new normal.

In the past anxiety has been a trigger for Nicks CD so I was expecting a flare during the stress of his dads surgery and ICU stay, but he has been wonderful ! So thankful for good health.

Nick had a enlarged lymph node in his neck a few weeks ago that freaked me out ! It has gone down in size and we are keeping a close eye on it.

Spending today catching up on every ones updates and posts. Wishing you all good health and remission.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
So brilliant to hear that Nick is doing well! :dusty::dusty::dusty: May it last a lifetime Jane and keeping my fingers, toes and everything else crossed that the lymph node is nothing more than a passing anomaly! :heart:

I am so sorry to hear about what your husband has through, what a stressful and anxious time it has been for you all. :ghug: Sending you much luck, well wishes and healing thoughts that he continues to go from strength to strength. Good luck!

So fab to hear from you and thanks for the update! :mademyday:

Dusty. xxx

Great news. Hope Nick continues to do well, that's great he kept well over your husbands surgery. Hope your husband keeps well now too.

crohnsinct

God bless you all! Glad you popped in to share the good news. Praying it just gets better and better for all!

Me too ! Our adult GI, (we don't have access to a pedi) said not to worry if it doesn't go down we will take it out !
We are really hoping it doesn't come to that, especially after what we have been through with his dads cancer.
Fingers crossed.
X

Glad to hear the good news about him and that his Dad is doing better as well!
Hopefully the lymph node is nothing.