Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » I had 2 Stool tests to detect blood in stool

02-02-2015, 02:00 AM   #1
Addy1234

I had 2 Stool tests to detect blood in stool

I had 2 Stool tests to detect blood in stool but both the time the results came negative but after passing the stool every day i feel like i can see some reddish substances in the stool. What they can be if they are not blood?

I am eating Papaya and watermelon everyday.
02-02-2015, 07:09 AM   #2
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My guess would be something you're eating or a combination of foods.
I get it with beets.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
02-02-2015, 07:11 AM   #3
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Watermelon can cause that, especially if you are not fully digesting food. Anything that is red can do that too.....

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
02-03-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
Watermelon, tomatoes, beets, cranberries, etc.

Total colectomy with ileostomy featuring Sideshow Bob since January 2012

"The colon seems an unlikely candidate for dramatic effect, but now and then it serves that purpose well." The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
02-03-2015, 10:16 AM   #5
Addy1234

I heard Papaya does that too. I have stopped eating Papaya from today. I will see how it is tomorrow.
02-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #6
Addy1234

but is there any way to differentiate between blood or any other red substances in the stool? (Without a Pathological test)
02-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #7
xeridea

Search fecal occult blood test. Might find at your local pharmacy. Available online.
02-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #8
Addy1234

I stopped eating Papaya and red jam for one day and today morning I did not see any reddish stuff in the stool. Today also I am avoiding all red color foods. I am hoping it happened because of food only. Really worried. I will let you guys know tomorrow. Thanks for your support.
02-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #9
snow

Lisa you are funny. Watermelon can do that? when my crohns are inflated food go through my body in less than 2 hrs. Not matter what I eat. These days I try not to eat that much. There is no point . It run out of me. feel these days like a rain pipe. Brown water with bits inside
02-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #10
snow

about the blood it can happen that a blood cell bust. If you have blood in stool couple of days get some test done.
02-05-2015, 11:40 AM   #11
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Lisa you are funny. Watermelon can do that? when my crohns are inflated food go through my body in less than 2 hrs. Not matter what I eat. These days I try not to eat that much. There is no point . It run out of me. feel these days like a rain pipe. Brown water with bits inside
Yup! Been there, seen that...really wild seeing things come out looking like they did when they went in.....

Not fun....

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » I had 2 Stool tests to detect blood in stool