Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Entyvio/Vedolizumab » A new biologic "without the bad sides" ?

02-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #1
lenny
A new biologic "without the bad sides" ?

During our GI apt yesterday, the dr. mentioned a new medicine that my son could take for Crohn's. It had a crazy name, as meds often do and so I asked him to write it down. He must have forgot, so I just called the nurse and she said she thought it was Entyvio.

Is that new?

He said that it has only been approved for adults, but since my son is 18 he could probably take it.

Not sure, it's even the right drug though..
02-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
crohnsinct

My Support Groups:
This is the drug kimmidwife is pursuing for her daughter and there are a few other kids who are on it...VTfamily maybe? Checkout kimmidwife's thread for some discussion on it.

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=69080
Vit d 2000IU
Multi vitamin plus iron
Calcium

Previously used - Prednisone, Prevacid, Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate oral and injections, Folic Acid, Probiotics, Cortofoam

Daughter T dx 1/2/15 at age 11
Vitaligo, Precoscious puberty & Crohn's
Remicade
Vit D 2000IU

Previously used, Exclusive Enteral Nutrition, Methotrexate (injections and oral), Folic Acid, Entocort,IBD-AID Diet
02-05-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
FrozenGirl

It's not new new (approved may 2014) but compared to Remicade or Humira it is new. Since your son is 18 and considered an adult it shouldn't be an issue getting it approved based on age.
Vitamin D 1000iu
Calcium
Tecta 40mg
Remicade: 600mg, every 4 weeks
Methotrexate: 15 mg (injection)
02-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #4
Axelfl3333

I have some investment stuff that came through this week and it mentioned 2 companies that are just about to get approval for new drugs testing for children and adults with crohns.i,ll try to dig it out and see the company name

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Entyvio/Vedolizumab » A new biologic "without the bad sides" ?