• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hookworms

I wish to know if anyone has been treated with worm therapy - either hookworms or whipworms - and would like to know their experience. This is an experimental treatment for autoimmune disease particularly CROHNS.:ghug:

nogutsnoglory

I haven't but was interviewed for the trial but decided against. It's still ongoing but sadly the past trials did not demonstrate efficacy as necessary.

Yes, I tried TSO. I wasn't part of a trial so probably didn't have anything like as close monitoring of my inflammatory markers and I did have severe strictures so I was always going to have significant symptoms from those even if disease activity was controlled. So I probably can't really say one way or another if they worked at all. But I didn't feel certain enough that they were doing anything to keep buying them - they're pretty expensive if you have to pay yourself.