• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Everything comes back normal

After having sharp stomach pains for 4 days I found myself in the ER back in january. I thought maybe I had appendicitis. They did a CT scan and doc said I had lots of inflammation and I had crohns.. sent me home with antibiotics... went to doc about 3 weeks later with pain and diarrhea. Did a stool sample and said I was positive for cdiff...more antibiotics...met with a gastrointestinal and scheduled colonoscopy...everything came back fine but 2 weeks later and I am in pain again...i have no idea where to go from here..iim 26, my mother was misdiagnosed from health issues and ended up dying, I dont want that to happen to me. I know something is not right but tests all come back fine....HELP PLEASE!!

Sorry that you are going through all this. Just to check did they take back the diagnosis of Crohn's? Where in your bowel did they see the inflammation on the CT scan? Have you tested negative for C.Diff yet because I know that can really be tricky to get rid of and can take quite a few rounds of treatment so you could very easily be suffering because of that still.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mother. I can understand you being very anxious because of everything your mother went through. Was her illness bowel related?

My mother was being treated for gerd...all of her tests werecoming back fine as well...the day after her xrays of her chest she died in my hours. She had a pulmonary embolism..

They did not tell me where my inflammation was. All they told me was my gallbladder appendix and such were fine.

Cdiff retest came back clear. I dont have diarrhea like I did when I had cdiff..iin fact I feel like I cant go and have the same stomach pain I did when I went into the ER. Since my colonoscopy came back clean they had taken back sayin it was crohns and said it was a fluke stomach thing.