• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Losing too much blood

Ive been losing blood from my bum about 90% of the time I go to the bathroom. There's sometimes blood clots. Lately my stomach has been very gassy when I lie down and I have to run to the bathroom and the farting causes pain and more blood. Now I have my period and I'm losing double the blood. When I went to my doctor he said I was mildly anemic but that was before I started bleeding. I can't see him until 3 months and I don't have a family doctor. I don't know if a doctor will do anything if I go into a walk in clinic. Anything I can do? Thank you 💕

Do you have any symptoms you think could be blood loss related? Like extreme fatigue, dizziness, feeling like you are going to pass out? Also did your doctor start you in iron when he said you are mildly anemic? If you are concerned you could go to a walk in clinic and tell them your symptoms and that you think you might be more anemic and they can likely order some lab work. If it gets really bad ( passing out, constant dizziness, etc) consider going to the emergency room.

I took my son to the ER about 10 days ago, for the same reason, although he didn't have any actual clots. Anyone can go to the ER in the US and you cannot be turned away. It sounds to me like that's where you need to go. :(

Right away, my son felt better when they began to hydrate him with IV fluids and they also gave him IV steroids. They kept him over night. He was sent home on 40mg of Prednisone, feeling much better, nearly all bleeding stopped.

Low iron causes heavier periods... becomes a vicious circle. That's just kicking the girl when she's already down, but that seems to be how it works. Mildly anaemic suggests your iron is pretty low, as anaemia is the final stage of iron depletion.