• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Its been a while

its been a while

hello all. its been quite some time since i posted. back in december of 2008 i had a very bad flair up with my crohn's and made a post here
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=4912

i ended up finishing my semester at school, went to tokyo (luckily i had no flair ups there), and 5 days after being back i had surgery. they ended up removing 15cm of my small intestine. the doctor said it was pretty bad when he removed it. i ended up spending the next week in the hospital. the recovery was pretty slow. my top part of my scar ended up opening up 2-3weeks later and taking forever to heal. i had to get my fiance to pack it with gauze every day until i maned up to do it myself.

im glad i went that route. i feel so much better now. i haven't had any pain besides soreness since. i could usually tell when i was due for another humira shot but now i can't

im still taking pentasa daily and humira shots every other week. no more prednisone though which is really good. im in my last semester of college and trying to plan a wedding now. my fiance has been very supportive through the whole process and im thankful to have her.