• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ectopic Pregnancy after resection.

Hello ladies,

It's been a while since I've been here. My 1 1/2 years old has been keeping me very busy. :heart:
My husband and I have been trying for another baby and I very recently found out I was 5-6 weeks pregnant. But unfortunately it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy. (I was given a shot of Methotrexate to end the pregnancy)
The reason being that it was probably caused by scar tissues from my resection a few years ago.
I'm so devastated. And knowing that it may happen again really scares me. I recall Dr.s telling me after my surgery that this may happen, but after my 1st healthy, uneventful pregnancy I put it out of my mind.

Has anyone had a similar experience and gone on to have another successful pregnancy since? Please share.

Catherine

I can relate in some ways. I don't have Crohn's but I have a high risk of ectopic pregnancy due surgery.

I was told the risk of ectopic for me was 1 in 20. My surgeon stressed the most important thing was to have a pregnancy test via blood test early at just late (eg 32 days), followed by a ultrasound a 5 weeks.

I am mother of 3 girls all born after surgery now aged 19, 18 and 16.