• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira: Dripping Blood in Stool

Hey guys, I started taking Humira in January of this year to treat a flare up. It worked pretty well, essentially taking away all my stomach pain. However recently I've noticed that if I have a second bowel movement in a day, it would be bloody. I have one or two anal fissures (I think that's what they're called), and I believe some of the blood is coming from there. I was just wondering if dripping blood while having a bowel movement is a side effect of Humira?

Other meds I'm currently on: Imuran
Background info: Diagnosed in August 2008
First flare up: September 2014

not that I have ever heard of.
Humira is suppose to decrease inflammation and stop the bleeding.
Keep close eye on your bleeding and I would contact your GI tomorrow....

I bleed form my fissures sometimes and I'm on Humira. But the fissures would bleed before Humira, I see no correlation for me.

Is the blood bright red? In that case it's probably the fissure but it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out.