• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Switching from 80mg Humira to Remicade?

I had a scope yesterday and despite having felt good for months, my guts are no better; probably worse. Has anyone switched from Humira to Remicade?
How long are your infusion appointments?
What are the different risk and side effect factors?

I just switched from Humira to Remicade. Last Tuesday was my second infusion. I'm there for a little over three hours. It's like a mini vacation. The risks and side effects are basically the same. I like that I don't have the stinging injection anymore.

About 2.5 hours. 2 actually running the Remi then .5 hour putting in iv, mixing meds, them taking out IV. Some places make you wait an hour or so after your Infusion to watch for reaction. I did that for my first three infusions. Risks and side effects are very similar though Remi has an increased risk of allergic reaction and anaphylaxis as it is not entirely human. It is not very common however and the nurse is fully equipped to handle anything should there be an issue.