• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Im new and its dark out here

Heyy, so basically my name is zaki rizq, ppl usually call me zak. I knew I have crohn's disease about 1 week ago. Im soo depressed and I have been crying alot lately. Parentsmy family are shocked too but they have been the best support ever!. Anything I need and want for my health no matter how expensive or far it is They provide me with it. I don't know how to deal with this disease, still haven't figured out whats good for me or not. I hope you guys support me too cause im in a messed up depression. Btw I haven't taken any medication yet! But I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. Maybe I will be taking humira, maybbeee

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hey Zak, and welcome to the forum. There is a TON of support and information to be found on the site here. I take it you are fairly young? We do have areas for teens, young people etc so there are a lot of good resources to pull from and people to talk to.

The important thing is to work on getting any symptoms under control, although medications can seem scary, especially if researched on the internet, please remember that there are soooooo many success stories about different medications - my own as an example, I have been on Remicade since 2005 with very few problems.

There is a humira forum which you should look at if you are possibly going to be starting that, please do look around and remember that there is pretty much nothing that is sacred when it comes to IBD discussion.

Lisa

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi Zak,

I understand it can be quite distressing being sick and having such a diagnosis. Treatment and time will make you adapt to it and you'll survive :) Crohn's can be a bumpy road and I too can go into depressed mood too when I am in a flare. Ive been diagnosed since 14 years now, its still hard to accept it sometimes, but I enjoye life, smile and laugh everyday! Hopefully you have a doctor you feel comfortable with (this will reassure you and give you hope) and with whom you will try and find the right treatment for you. Also, surround yourself with family and friends and try to remain active so that you don't constantly worry and think about the disease. This will help you go through this. Wishing you well. :smile:

Lots of support here for you & your parents. My 14 yr old is on here every once in a while. I'm on way more than she. Depression sucks! My teen has found others that have the disease and that has helped to know shes not alone. Shes a tomboy and none of her guy friends want to discuss this so thank goodness for IBD buddies!

David

Co-Founder
Hi Zac and welcome to the community.

How did your doctor's appointment go? What is your treatment regimen? Are you feeling a little better about things?

All my best to you!