• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Have prednisone acne? My teen found a great solution!

For those that have caught my other threads you know my teem has been on prednisone for mostly 3 years. When she was 11 it didn't bother her but now as a 14 year old girl in high school it is taking its toll on her self esteem.

She found a solution that is homemade that has almost taken care of all her acne. It isn't a medication ( been there done that) either!

She mixes cinnamon & honey and forms a paste. She takes a butter knife and coats her cheeks and forehead with the mix. Then she takes cotton strips and places them over the mix on her face.

She waits a few minutes for it to dry and then pulls the cotton strip & mix off & it pulls her blackheads right out! Far cheaper and more effective then those strips advertised. After 4 days its like a new teen!

Thought i'd share the tip.

Wow that's awesome. Might be something I have to try. All the OTC stuff is doing nothing and I'm trying to avoid antibiotics and the issues those can cause.