• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

More detailed about my situation

more detailed about my situation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok so i left a few details out of my story i had a surgery april first this year the day after i got diagnosed with crohn's my appendix had ruptured and they said i had 3 days to live if they didnt operate immediately so i told them go ahead because i have a daughter and i wanna be as well as i can be for her, they also took out a foot of my colon or 6 inches of my small and 6 inches of my large intestene idk if thats the same thing but it was one of the two. i lived with this stomach pain for almost a year before i had it checked out i laid in bed with a couch pillow on my stomach while i laid on my side in pain for weeks and months at a time. it was horrible but i was stubborn and thought it would go away like everything else did but it never did so i eventually got to the hospital and got diagnosed and had the suregery. after i had the surgery i was supposed to go see a G.I. doctor and i never did, i know bad on my part but i dont have the money to go pay to see one. sad excuse i know but its only the truth. now almost 6 months after my surgery my stomach is still in pain daily and i just started my asacol like a week ago if that they have me on 800 mg 3 times a day..... plus im taking prednisone and that seems to help for a little while. but now my rectum is very very very tight and i haven't had a solid b.m. in months its all been liquid and it hurts very bad when i have to go to the toilet. sometimes i dint eat all day just so i dont go to the toilet as much, its crazy but thats how painfull it is to go when i have to go. anybody ever had this problem? if so can you help me?:poo: :poo: :poo: :poo:

Yes this is common, remember when they did the resection, they left less room for your food so his goes through faster than before, I hope that makes sense to you My Husband has this problem. Peggy