• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What is the difference between crohn, ulcerative &....

I have been reading lots of threads about crohns & ulcerative. What is the difference between that compare to what my daughter has? She has pancolitis. I'm new here & I posted up her story titled "my 2 yr old." Seems like no one has the same as her? I'm so curious.

Paging queen gothel I believe her Dd was dx with that at age 2 or 3.
Ulcerative colitis is confined to just the large intestine and is continous in inflammtion from the rectum till the end of the inflammation.
Crohns is patchy inflammation anywhere from the mouth to the anus
So in my kids case some inflammation in the stomach duodendum terminal ileum caecum sigmoid colon and rectum but healthy patches found in between.

Little kids under 5 crowd tend to present with severe pancoliitis which sometimes changes to crohns as they get older (10-16 range )

Google very early onset crohns and you should get papers on the under 5 presentation

Also Che k out parents research section