• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Skin lesions all over body

Hi. I am wondering if anyone in this group has been diagnosed with Sterile abscess Syndrome? My adult son has CD since age 15 and now is in late 30s. Last 2 years skin lesions over face and neck and groin and chest. At first dermatologist thought it was metastatic crohn but GI doctor said he did not think so. Been on Cimzia 4 years and now being switched to Entyvio infusion this week. Guess Cimzia was losing it's effectiveness. Thanks ahead for any info or suggestions you may have on this.

They are the size of a half dollar and are raised up from the skin and up with pus and when cultured it does not identify anything specific. He sees the dermatologist weekly so she can inject them. Very painful and are increasing in size and frequency. Older cysts, don't know what else to call them, eventually shrink and harden. Tried creams and anti biotics and a mix of antibiotics to control them. The GI doctor said it is rare but found mention of it in a study done in France.

Thank you for trying. I hope the GI DR is right and finds a remedy...there is enough pain and quality if life issues without adding a rare skin disorder...but I believe in forums and networking cause you never know!

I recently started having bumps that in appearance only are like spider bites but do not itch. Some dry up, go away. Some bust open before I realize they are there, some come and go in the same spot. My GI thought I had a systemic infection that was causing the sores to appear near lymph nodes, but blood tests came back "looking good". I have recently developed one on my abdomen near my hip bone, that is red and keeps swelling and hot to the touch even but doesn't look like its going to break the skin. I am afraid its is a fistula if those can occur on your stomach- I figure they could, if they can lead everywhere else. I also have had a history of cyts that appear under my skin and are a hard lump deep under the skin that get surgically removed and are alway benign. I've never been told what they are or why they keep coming back. I'd like to know if this is similar to what your son is experiencing. I too have had CD since 14 and am now 38.