• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I am a newbie

Hello Everyone. First diagnosed with colon cancer at 50. Went through the surgery and chemo for 52 treatments. Had a good 20 years and then changes started. Was diagnosed with Crohns at 72. Consider myself lucky compared to many. It is the continuous abdominal pain and what to take for it when it becomes 'too' much. I am on Mezavant daily and take Tylenol as needed. What does everyone else do to make it more tolerable. Thank you. Moeli

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

I've found a food journal to be very helpful. It will give you insight into possible trigger foods.

Sending you my support.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community. You shouldn't have to deal with constant abdominal pain. Part of the issue is likely that Mezavant is a pretty weak med. If you're in pain, you're not in remission and your doctor needs to reevaluate you treatment plan.

Welcome to the community. You shouldn't have to deal with constant abdominal pain. Part of the issue is likely that Mezavant is a pretty weak med. If you're in pain, you're not in remission and your doctor needs to reevaluate you treatment plan.
David. Thank you for your advise. I will discuss with GI at next appointment which is a month away. I feel that is something I have to learn to live with and it comes with the disease. I know of no one else who has it so I am somewhat ignorant so it is good to get help from you all. Thank you

Hi and welcome.

I've found a food journal to be very helpful. It will give you insight into possible trigger foods.

Sending you my support.
Thank you DJW. I have asked my GI regarding diet. He said it has nothing to do with it. However I am cautious about what eat and will try your suggestion

David

Co-Founder
David. Thank you for your advise. I will discuss with GI at next appointment which is a month away. I feel that is something I have to learn to live with and it comes with the disease. I know of no one else who has it so I am somewhat ignorant so it is good to get help from you all. Thank you
In my opinion, you should not learn to live with any symptom of this disease. Keep working to get into deep, stable remission and symptom free. For some it's not too hard, for others it is incredibly difficult. But that should be the goal of everyone in my opinion.