• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doctor Recommendation Raleigh NC area?

Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum for this. I looked them over and really wasn't sure where it should go.

I recently moved to Raleigh, NC and had a partial bowel obstruction resulting in my first hospitalization in probably almost a couple decades. After a partial bowel resection at age 15 I went all the way to about 35 without any medication, controlling my disease with diet and was in such a state of remission that I actually managed to join the Marine Corps and go through a 4 year enlistment without issue.

However, about 2 years ago I started having problems again, and my doctor in MA put me on budesonide, which got me nicely under control. He tapered me from 9mg to 3mg. When I moved I ran out of meds and tried to go back to controlling it with diet and failed miserably this go around.

I think the docs would term my disease as 'moderate to severe' whereas I would say 'mild to moderate'. I do have pain, but it is mild and responds well to medication. On my current dose of budesonide I do not fear ending up back in the hospital. The problem is the two docs down here say I can't stay on budesonide long term and are sharpening their Humira needles and are all but cramming it in my veins for me.

I simply do not believe my condition is worth the risk of cancer, especially HSTCL, no matter how miinute the risk. When I was 15 I was bad and I would have risked it. Now, I would feel stupid on an epic level if a treatment I accepted, knowing the risk, resulted in a lymphoma all to rid myself of some minor pain.

So, my long winded question is: are there any good doctors in the area open to treating without immune suppressors or biologics?