• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hope for the future

Hi my name is Judd. I was diagnosed with crohns disease in 1997 through what was called an exploratory surgery. I am now 33 years old and have struggled with this disease since the diagnosis. I have tried every medication they have thrown at me with some success but never permanent results. i have also tried all kinds of herbal remedies, home remedies and everything in between with little or no help. I must say it has been a frustrating, and quite painful at times, journey. I have longed for a feeling of normality, to be able to go out without worry of if i could make it to the nearest toilet in time. i have within the last month began drinking fruit drink that contains the acai berry. I drink 1 1/2 ounces(a shot) twice a day and have been doing so for about 2 months. Since i am unable to eat most vegetables and fruit i figured it couldnt hurt to try getting 13 servings of fruit and vegetables in a 4 ounce serving and with an antioxidant value 10 times that of our domestic fruits. within 3 days my energy level went up, the soreness in my body dissapated and above all i started to become regular, from 6-12 bms per day to three predictable ones. i was astonished but it made sense just because i couldnt eat certain things didnt mean i didnt need the nutrients they provide and everyone knows that antioxidants help fight everything from heart disease to joint pain. i have since given some bottles to a couple of friends who share my pain and they have had positive results. i would be happy to discuss how and where to get the product with anyone interested. Heres to a light at the end of the tunnel.:)

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
LINK

The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) is warning consumers not to enroll online in supposedly free trials of diet products made with the trendy Brazilian berry açai (pronounced a-sigh-EE). There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that açai pills will help shed pounds, flatten tummies, cleanse colons, enhance sexual desire, or perform any of the other commonly advertised functions. And thousands of consumers have had trouble stopping recurrent charges on their credit cards when they cancel their free trials.

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
I'm a little confused. You gave out free bottles of this fortified Koolade to your friends, yet in another post you said a friend gave you some. Sounds like Multi-Level Marketing to me.

You not only want to sell $40 bottles of fruit juice to sick, desparate people (some on limited incomes), you figure you can recruit a sales team here.

Am I right?

no but i appreciate the insult i took a bottle from my friend and it worked i bought a case as a customer not a distributor and gave a couple bottles to a couple people i have met who have intestinal problems. i install cabinets for a living im not a salesman i dont doubt that $40 a bottle is alot but i will be the first to say that there are other products out there that are cheaper. like i said before i dont care if you by the product or the brand i use im just saying here is something that works for me.why do i have to defend myself for suggesting a natural supplement that has positive effects with me

Just felt the need to butt in here guys. Johnny, perhaps this person is genuine and we are not making them very welcome here at all?

Just a thought eh?

Spammers don't tend to reply and defend themselves do they?

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Nice try. Hey, you want to make a few bucks on the side, more power to ya. Folks here have heard the song and dance.

Monavie has pretty much been discredited (and in some cases prosecuted) for everything from from their ponzi-scheme distribution methods to their fraudulent medical claims (which in some jurisdictions is a criminal offense).

Shazamataz: We've seen these types come and go. Of course they act indignant when they've been exposed.

Ask yourself: Yes, many here have claimed certain name brand products do this or that. How many invite you to personal message them for free samples?

Something smells, and it ain't the 13 daily servings of soluable fiber.

Oh I totally get it. I'm not that naive (any more), just wistful. I was almost scamed by someone this way when I was looking to buy my first puppy a few years back. Luckily I figured out what was going on before the person got my information and happily the whole thing turned me onto rescue so it ended up for the best for me and my dogs any way.
It is just so sad that some people could be so cold as to try to trick sick people. Ick.

I'm glad to hear that it's working for you. However, the Acai berry is a natural cleanser (good for some people but my body is constantly cleansing). It normally makes people go to the bathroom more frequently. It is a healthy way of cleaning out toxins but for people with Crohn's it might not be such a good idea. If you do decide to consume Acai berries, my doctor said to double your intake of fluids so you at least do not become dehydrated.