Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Relationship Troubles and IBD Support Group

12-06-2017, 07:42 AM   #31
Rainbowchaser

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for your kind supportive messages. My main debilitating symptoms have subsided quite a bit on the 50mg Prednisone. However the symptoms started right away when I started the taper to 45mg. So I am staying on the 45 mg until I see my rheumatologist again as per my GP. The insomnia, vomiting, nausea, inability to keep down fluids and food, and the anal abscesses that havenít healed since 2014 are gone. No blood or mucus in my stool. I am in the middle of a 10-year marriage separation and I am healthier than I was for a long time.

Due to the drastic improvement my family doctor had a sit down with me regarding life expectancy and quality of life. I have had body wasting since 2013 and wants me to consider moving to a biological class of medications. He doesnít think long term Prednisone use is the best treatment due to severe eating problems for the past four years. I lost 60 lbs in 3 months (4 years ago) and was never able to gain it back. I also need to start osteoporosis meds. I have tried managing this disease with as little medication as possible, knowing biologics would likely be needed down the road. But I have hope again. Despite being alone for the first time in my life I am free from the constant daily stress of my marriage.

I didnít recognize the amount of stress I was under (really, really donít want to disclose the details) but it was bad.

I hope my rapid improvement gives others hope that when the disease worsens and never seems to get better - stay strong and have hope. I am over the hump, my GP says, and I finally have a quality life that I am so encouraged to hold onto. I no longer feel I am a hostage to this disease.

Love to you all and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. ❤️❤️❤️
Wishing you all love, hope, and great health ❤️
12-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #32
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Rainbowchaser,wishing you the best.
12-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #33
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi rainbow ..so glad to hear things are improving for you health wise.
Enjoy your husband free freedom and take care of yourself hun .
Best wishes n hugs 💕💕
12-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #34
Rainbowchaser

Thanks guys 😊
12-06-2017, 08:47 PM   #35
cmack
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm glad you are here Rainbowchaser, I appreciate you.
12-07-2017, 05:51 AM   #36
Rainbowchaser

Hey all,

I lost my wife but not my life. No kidding. I feel for you all with IBD causing breakups.

"If you can't put up with me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best"

cmack
I like a Ned Flanders meme from the Simpsons tv show that says ďIf you canít handle me at my diddliest you donít deserve me at my doodliestĒ 😁
12-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #37
Scipio

My Support Groups:
∑ Stelara
I have had body wasting since 2013 and wants me to consider moving to a biological class of medications. He doesnít think long term Prednisone use is the best treatment due to severe eating problems for the past four years.
I agree with your doctor. Long term use of prednisone is never a good solution. Recently, I finally gave in and moved to biologics, and it's still early days yet, but so far things are working out fine.
12-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #38
Rainbowchaser

Good to hear! I am so amazed by the prednisone but Iím already underweight and need osteo meds. I hear Remicade is good for a lot of people. I am so grateful things are finally getting tolerable. I need to work on not feeling guilty about being sick and realize the people who love me really want to help. Itís terrible to feel like a burden but I am realizing I am not. Finally 🙂

I hope you are doing well too Scipio 😊
12-08-2017, 05:04 AM   #39
Rainbowchaser

Groan... I think I jinxed myself 😔
Crohns still doing well but arthritis flared again and I am back to using the walker this morning. But the worst symptoms are still okay. And I have people who care about me around and it is so much more tolerable.

Checking over to prednisone thread to see about the returning flares (my doc says it happens to a lot of people 7-10 days into prednisone treatment and I am day 22 and down to 45mg).

My main stressor is gone and I want to give my continued support to those of you still dealing with relationship trouble on top of Crohnís. I am physically feeling worse today but my heart and soul is healing ❤️

Love you all 😘
04-02-2018, 06:44 PM   #40
Lynda Lynda

My Support Groups:
I live alone but I have an older sister. She doesn't understand how much my Ulcerative Colitis has affected every part of my life.....physically and emotionally. I have been sick for almost 20 years. I have been trying to get her to understand my depression and anxiety too, but no understanding whatsoever from her. Too much of my time and energy spent on trying to get her to understand my illnesses. I need all that energy for myself. Everyone have a good weekend.
I am back posting here as "Lynda Lynda" under my new g-mail address. I was "Ann Morgan" with a Yahoo e-Mail until last year ( a Yahoo security breach caused me to get a new e-mail address. )

Anyhow, the situation in this old post has not gotten ANY better. So, a bad fight with my sister, on March 26th, ended our relationship. We never fight and have always been friendly, but something happened between us on March 26th and after phone calls, texts and e-mais I just had enough. Years of wasting my time and energy trying to get her to understand my physical and my mental health conditions. ....... time and energy that could have been spent by me to become healthier and happier. I feel free and happy and empowered now. I'm ready to become assertive so that I can get my needs met, whether it be my physical health or mental health. I am a 57 year old grown up woman who is going to start demanding the respect she deserves. I found my "inner bitch" and it feels good. ( I am sure that word isn't allowed ? ) Anyhow, I live alone with no friends and a sister who can go back to Idaho and leave me alone and I will leave her alone. I only have me to take care of myself so I need all my energy and time to do just that. ( Watch out doctors ! ) Thanks for listening. Lynda.
04-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #41
cmack
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm sorry to hear that Lynda, you are right that you need to put yourself #1. Nobody else will do it for you. I have problems with some of my family that have been caused by this disease, I feel for you. Hugs.
04-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #42
Lynda Lynda

My Support Groups:
There is a Crohns/UC support group in my city. I spoke to the facilitator recently. The group meets once a month on Wednesday evenings from 7pm-9pm and consists of about 7 people.

Ok, what is wrong with this picture here ? EVERYTHING ! In the Phoenix Metropolitan Area live probably 4 million people. 7 people once a month ...... we know thousands are suffering. Does the CCFA help anybody ?

Take Care. Lynda
05-07-2018, 10:04 PM   #43
Lynda Lynda

My Support Groups:
Sorry I typed the "b***h" word. 🙊
I gotta calm down.
I need to write in a journal or something.
05-07-2018, 11:11 PM   #44
cmack
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Is something bugging you? How are you doing Lynda?
05-08-2018, 12:26 AM   #45
Lynda Lynda

My Support Groups:
Is something bugging you? How are you doing Lynda?
I'll be ok.
05-08-2018, 01:23 AM   #46
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Lynda we are always here if you need to talk vent whinge etc. Holding things in is not good. Best to get things of your chest. Now thats my advice.. whether you chose to take it is of course up to you.
Love n hugs 💝
05-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #47
Lynda Lynda

My Support Groups:
🌻🐝💕
06-05-2018, 08:36 PM   #48
Lynda Lynda

My Support Groups:
I am acquaintances with one of my neighbors. She and I would chat occasionally when she was out walking her dog in the courtyard of our apartment complex. Now we rarely see each other and then we don't talk. I think she is having health issues. And then I am having health issues too. I am hoping she and I can start chatting again, but it is really hot here in the summer, so chatting outside would have to be after the sun goes down. I am really worried about her legs. She seems to struggle when walking and she has real thick thighs / calves / ankles, she really needs to see a doctor about that. She and I are not really "friends", but I hope we both start feeling better so we can start chatting again.

Last edited by Lynda Lynda; 06-05-2018 at 09:15 PM.
06-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #49
cmack
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
That's very nice of you to care for her well being, I bet she is thinking about you too. I hope you are both feeling well soon and you can enjoy more friendly chats together.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Relationship Troubles and IBD Support Group