• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Been a bouncy ride.

Hi,

My name is Jay, I recently have been diagnosed with Crohn's. I'm 33 year old man, father of a 3 year old, and husband to a very awesome woman.

So far in my 3 months of having been diagnosed, I have had surgery twice, the first time was because of a misdiagnosis of appendicitus, second was for a phlegmon that perforated my ileum and needed emergency surgery.

I have spent roughly 4 weeks in the hospital in the last 3 months.

I have been off work (Construction) with no nmeans of restroom since May 11 with the exception of a few days after my initial surgery.

I still need to go for another CT to make sure the phlegmon has been totally removed and is not present, and I need to go for an endoscopic MRI before my GI says I can go on some kind of medication for treatment.

Sorry for the long winded story, there is lots more lol.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi Jay and welcome.

Geez, you have had quite the ride.
Hope you start feeling better soon.