• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is this crohns please help.

I don't have insurance and I just can't take the pain any longer. My symptoms started over 6 years ago however they used to only happen every month or every other month and such now there weekly and the pain is so bad I can't take it.

I can never tell when I'm going to have an episode they hit me fast. At first I have this horrible pain in my lower stomach I have to retreat to a bathroom immediately. It feels like there is a blockage at first and I can't make a bm I can only sit there feeling the wave after wave of pain. I don't have enough strength to push just sitting waiting till it works itself out. Then after a wile of severe pain my stomach unknots and the diarrhea hits me. Once I make a bm the pain goes down a little but it builds back up to the severe pain over and over till I make another bm. There has been blood in my stool and snot looking stuff when I wipe. The pain gets so bad I start vomiting during an episode on occasion. I also have tenderness in my lower stomach after I eat. It happens every time. It feels like it's bloating and I can't put any pressure on it.

Sometimes it can go a wile without the pain then out of nowhere it hits me I tried all the dairy free and gluten free and all that but it seemed to not change much I still would get the episodes. Is this what Crohns disease feels like? I have no insurance I can't get help right now but now that's it's weekly I can't do this anymore the pain is to much I need advice

Last edited:
Hi! Welcome to the forum!

Your symptoms do sound like this might be Crohn's but the only way to know for sure - and to rule out other potential causes - is to see a doctor and to have tests run.

I hope you can find a way to get medical care soon despite being uninsured.

Best of luck

You need to go see a doctor first and worry about the bills later. If it's really bad go to the ER! There are a lot of options for financial support but that is the last thing I would worry about now! Get to the ER if you are in that much pain :( sorry but there isn't really anything that can fix CD, it's a battle and can be tough at times!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hello butt3rcupz and welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry you're feeling so horrible. :hug:

You definitely need to be seen. While we can provide tips on how to deal with blockages it's best to have treatment otherwise this will keep happening. You have to find out what's causing it first.

May I ask your location to see what your options may be for insurance? Also many hospitals have payment plans and will work with you. They cannot turn you away.

Going on an all liquid diet may help some of your symptoms but like I said this will continue if you don't get proper treatment. Liquid diets should be monitored by a doctor when done for longer than a few days.

Mayo Clinic has a great example of how often you should be drinking while on a liquid diet here: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...ating/in-depth/clear-liquid-diet/art-20048505

You can also make soups and mainly drink the broth and also try supplement drinks like Ensure Clear etc. You may not need to be on a clear liquid diet but it's important to make sure that you're getting enough nutrients each day. Again though you need to be seen by a Gastroenterologist to find the cause of your blood loss, mucus in stool (usually indicates inflammation in the bowel) and apparent partial blockage symptoms.

If anything gets worse or does not improve then you need to go to the ER/hospital no matter what. Blockages can be life threatening so if you're not passing any stool, can't keep liquids down, are in extreme pain, feel faint (due to blood loss probably) or develop a fever then you need to go to the hospital as you may have a full blockage which requires immediate treatment.

Keep us posted.

hank you for the reply I live in mesa az I will try anything to lessen The pain including an all liquid diet I've seen doctors and have had numerous tests ran all coming back normal except one that showed my liver in bad shape my doctor told me I was an alcoholic and needed to stop drinking I told him I didn't drink at all but he didn't believe me and told me the pain was all in my head. Even the doctors don't help is there somewhere I can go without being told I'm a nut job somewhere people will understand and help me?

Butter3Cupz
Your basic/general Gastroenterologist may not deal with things like this and blow your symptoms off, etc. You need to find a Gastroenterologist that specializes in Crohn's, Collitus, IBD, etc.. If you cant deal with the pain and the symptoms continue, follow the advice seen here and go to the ER. Letting issues like you describe wait can only make it harder to bring things back into control. Plus you may be causing irreversible damage by ignoring the issue.

Sorry to hear what you are dealing with, I have definitely gone through it and I hope you find out what is the cause so you can treat it properly.
Thoughts are with you.