• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed

Hi everyone :dusty:

I'm new to this and just confused about my problem. I was diagnosed with ibs at the age of 19 and was taking buscupan for some time this was not giving me any relief of pain. my symptoms were pain, nausea, bloating and alternative of constipation and loose bowels. many years I have suffered this and had a big weight loss from a size 20 to a size 10 from not eating properly due to the pain that foods cause. I had various tests in the past and all came back clear but this is an on going problem.. my GP referred me to a consultant and sent me for a upper endoscopy this came back as Helicobactor pylori and chronic gastritis, I also had a blood test and showed B12 deficiency and have to have injections for this every 3 months. I have had eradication therapy for the helicobactor. When I went back to see my consultant he asked me for a stool sample and this came back with raised calaprotectin so he requested a colonoscopy, this was incomplete due to not being able to get the scope around due to pain. MY consultant then requested for a small bowel mri, my results came back as normal today.. If I have got raised calaprotectin what is causing this ??? so confused :shifty-t: I know this is nothing to serious as I am 43 now

my little penguin

Staff member
Didn't they put you under for the colonoscopy ???
Otherwise how would they get through tight painful areas to get a good look
Plus biopsies ??
What where the biopsies like ??
NSAIDs can cause a raised fecal caloprotectin.

hi thanks for reply.. not taken nsaids for years as they cause me pain and make me sick,, when I had colonoscopy they gave me midazolam, 1ug of fentanyl and buscopan and was on the gas and air. they stopped as my blood pressure dropped..:ywow: