• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Frustrated

Howdy to all. I have had CD now more than half my life. I was healthy through college with no symptoms till my appendix blew up. Fortunately I had an awesome surgeon who called it very quickly. Literally, I went from healthy soccer player to a CD pt. confirmed by colonoscopy in 3 months. That was what I used to call my 'year of hell'. In the course of 6 months I had 4 hospitalizations and surgery. That went well. I began a career and married and did well for 19 years. No meds, no surgery, just healthy living. By 2008 the disease was back around the anastamosis and had strictured a 1" section of my small bowel down to about 1 cm open. Had surgery #2 and since then it has been rough. Really not the disease but adhesions. Pain is constant now and I really do not realish the idea of surgery again but I can't take narcotics and work (Paramedic). Anyone have any ideas on how to help prevent the formation of adhesions post op? Really frustrated and kinda depressed as I have had to have surgery twice since 2008 due to this. I want to support my family and provide for them but seem to be digging us deeper in debt, which adds to the stress which I know does not help. I guess the main thing I am looking for is a little encouragement and hope.

Welcome to the Forum. This is the right place for support, information and vent away if you need too. No experience with adhesions , you may want to visit the Surgery forum.