• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Side effects of remicade

Since being on Humira for 24 months, then Remicade post surgery, February 2015 my Crohns is in remission. The cost is joint pain, psoriasis on my head and in both ears, blurry vision. New their money gastroenterologist nor my family doctor want me to quit Remicade. I am a 70 year old, normally very physically active woman but am so limited in what I can do that I have gained 30 pounds and counting over one year. Frustrated and wonder if this is common.

I was on Remicade. Had to stop because of rare side effect. I am on Stelara right now. You mentioned psorasis. Stelara is supposed to help with that.

My eye Dr thought I was crazy when I said I had blurry vision due to my Remicade!

Thank you for sharing, its the best way to learn about this disease!!

Lauren

Has anyone experienced ankle edema? I have never had it in my life now shortly after my 3rd infusion my socks are leaving deep marks on my skin. I also have neuropathy in my right foot - started after 2nd infusion. B-12 low normal so tried shots and it helped a little but over a month after sky high B-12 levels attained I still have some numbness. GI doc also thinks I'm crazy and that it isn't related but I lived 48 years without any of this and it suddenly starts when I begin Remicade.

Hi there Novax. I have also experienced swelling of my ankles since starting Remicade in March 2015. It is now much better but aching joints still an issue. I was also told that neither of these symptoms are related to Remicade. Frustrating!

Thanks - sorry you are going through that too but also glad I am not crazy or have some new health issue to worry about! I have become so frustrated with all the new side effects that my GI dismisses that I also posted another thread here just in case nobody on this thread had similar issues. Sorry if that is too much posting - new to forum. Thanks for quick response.