• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diet and crohn's

I am new to this forum so bear with me. Not too sure how to navigate it yet. I do have a question. Does anyone eat coconut oil? I've read that it is good for this disease. I would like to control it with diet and excercise. I eat a high fiber diet. Have been for many years. Haven't had any symptoms in 14yrs. Any feedback woul be appreciated.

David....I was on medication in 2001 and 2002 for about 3 months each time. I was on it again for about 2 months in 2007. Nothing since. Just had a colonoscopy. dr. Said I have an ulcer indicative of crohn's. He put me on pantesa and 3 days later I started with the cramping and diarrhea . I took it for 10 days and stopped. I was not having any symptoms before the medication. Feel fine now. I see the Dr. On the 19th. I was on asacol the first 2 times. I will check out the website. Thank You for replying.