• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cimzia side effect - freezing cold feet?

Hi Everyone,

I had my first loading doses of Cimzia yesterday and shortly after i felt dizzy, then noticed red blotchy look to my face, neck and chest, along with freezing cold feet. This lasted about an hour. Later in the evening I had a mild headache. This morning i woke up with allergies in my nose and eyes.

Tonight, the freezing cold feet are back and nothing will warm them up. I had this same side effect when i was on Remicade a few months ago. At that time I told my doctors and the Remicade nurse but they said they had never heard of it before. Because I have only ever had it with these two medications, i believe it must be some kind of side-effect.

Has anyone else had this symptom? Did you have to stop the Cimzia because of it?

Haven't had the freezing feet, though my feet are usually cold anyhow! But I did have the dizziness and feeling like I wasn't with it the next day. No blotchiness but my allergies do seem worse the next day. I am a month and a week into it and it seemed the side effects got less severe with each time I received a dose so far!

Maya142

Staff member
Do you have Raynaud's Syndrome by any chance? My daughter also has Spondyloarthritis and was diagnosed with Raynaud's shortly after being diagnosed with SpA. Her hands and feet turn white or blue when they are very cold and they're never really warm. Raynaud's is common with autoimmune diseases.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/raynauds-disease/basics/causes/con-20022916

We use very warm socks (all the time) and also have microwaveable socks for when her feet won't just warm up.

Do you have Raynaud's Syndrome by any chance? My daughter also has Spondyloarthritis and was diagnosed with Raynaud's shortly after being diagnosed with SpA. Her hands and feet turn white or blue when they are very cold and they're never really warm. Raynaud's is common with autoimmune diseases.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/raynauds-disease/basics/causes/con-20022916

We use very warm socks (all the time) and also have microwaveable socks for when her feet won't just warm up.
No, I don't have Raynaud's. This coldness has only happened with Remicade and now Cimzia. Hopefully it won't happen with the next set of loading doses.