• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

my story

Over the course of several months I seemed to develop increasing episodes diarrhea. When it became several times daily and blood started appearing, I knew it was time to seek medical attention (I hate going to the doctors and generally put stuff off longer then I should.....). My primary doc referred me to a gastroenterologist, which as I'm typing this was about a month and a half ago. After some blood work, stool samples, and a colonoscopy, I was diagnosed with moderate crohns as well as c dif (clostridium difficile). From the onset of these symptoms to this time I had also went from 255 lbs to roughly 215 lbs (6'3" 23 yr old male for those who are wondering). Doc also pulled me from work at this time, and Ive been out since. I was then put on a form of flagil for the c dif, and started on asacol. After some more weekly GI doc visits, Ive also been put on entocort, prilosec, and mercaptopurine. I did see some slight improvement for about a week or so, but then things began to go right back to where they were. At my last appointment the Doc replaced the entocort with prednisone, I'm also down to 210 lbs. Still currently taking the asacol, prilosec, mercaptopurine, and predisone. So that's where I am right now. I'm always wondering if results usually take this long? should I see other docs? and all sorts of other things. I'm glad I found this place, hopefully to get some input/advice etc to help sort things out...

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
:welcome: rc 86

I'm glad you found this forum. I wish your symptoms were improving quicker. It can be very frustrating when you take you meds a directed and don't see improvement.

As far as your doctors treatment, it sounds fine. Most people start out on the same meds and they are progressively changed depending on the individual.

Have you been retested for the c-diff? That can be a real bugger to get rid of for some people. How long exactly have you been on the Prednisone? How soon do you see the doc again? Sorry to ask so many questions, I just need a little more info.

Everyone is different with their responses to treatment so it's hard to say why it's taking so long. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. retested for c dif after the flagil was complete, came back negative. Been on the prednisone about 5 days now. Back to the docs in about a week...