• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Safe snack

I ate chips for a while. I can't handle most of them because of the grease. I ate Larabars for a while but they have nuts which bother me. I tried Kind bars. They also have nuts. Any suggestions?

Potatoes ;-) I managed to make flat bread or pancakes (without fat, can't tolerate fried foods), whatever you prefer, adding potato starch to mashed potatoes and some water. That's more than safe, at least for me.

If you are not allergic to nuts, just can not tolerate whole nuts, try Good Greens bars. They do have nut ingredients but they are in paste or butter form.

What about vegetable crisps such as sweet potato, parsnip, beetroot mix instead of white potato chips? Maybe that would be an option. And plain rice cakes, of course, if you can tolerate whole grain rice.