• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New kid on the block

Heeeeello everyone!

You can call me K-Dog. I'm currently 18, and was diagnosed when I was 15 (fun stuff). Diagnoses was a very rough start. I got super depressed, and had some really intense stomach pain, so bad I would get sick every time I ate anything. Went into the doctor and she said I was just nervous (jokes on her I guess). I ended up pushing her until she said something along the lines of "Fine I'll set you up for an ultrasound!" That lead to showing signs of swelling which led to a barium swallow, (ugh) an MRI scan, as well as both an endoscopy and colonoscopy (at the same time! ugh).

All that proved the unavoidable, I had Crohn's! (And a stomach infection, as it were)

That led to 6 weeks of drinking only Nutren, hoping it would help me go into remission (it didn't) and too many medications for 15 year old me to recall.

The roads been bumpy but I've made it! And I currently go in for infusions of Remicade every 8 weeks. It's been going well so far, although I'm entering a new rough patch.

I just graduated, and I got my first job, and with my first job I've gotten some bad pangs again.

Anyway, that's me! If you have suggestions or want to chat, holla at me. B) And it seems a lot of you have kids, so hey if you want any info from their perspective, I can dish it. ;)

fuzzy butterfly

Hi k-dog. Welcome☺ sorry u need to be here tho. Glad u have been doing ok on the remicade but if your getting pangs again, get on to your doc asap as you dont want things to go to far or it will be horrid again. Check things out earlier rather than later is my advice. Take care n best wishes 💕